The developer of the upcoming Wharton Street Lofts in the former Annunciation school, which we told you about last month, went before the Passyunk Square civic’s zoning committee last night with an updated proposal.
|So many new people for the hood. Woohoo!|
Though there was initially some trepidation from neighbors about parking issues, the tweaks were enough to convince the committee and community to support the proposal, said developer Leo Addimando. The next step is a hearing before the Zoning Board of Adjustments on Dec. 5 at 2 p.m..
1. Reduced unit count from 48 to 45 by eliminating six (6) one-bedroom units and replacing them with three (3) two-bedroom units.
2. Removed car share spaces from street parking.
3. Adjusted location of roof deck from 12th Street to Wharton Street side.
4. Added a bathroom on the first floor near the gym for public use.
5. Added three (3) on-site parking spaces for motorcycles/scooters.
6. Added a waiting/seating area for visitors.
|Would a roof deck mar the view from the park? We don’t get it.|
Most of those seem perfectly reasonable, but we wonder about two things:
1) The part about the bathroom for public use, does that mean people who use the park? We know there’s a rec center across the street, but it’s often closed. Is this the solution to that?