What do you want to see on Passyunk Ave?

Think you have the best ideas for the future of Passyunk Avenue? Maybe, a butcher, a baker or even a chopstick maker?Well, here’s your chance to share that prodigious wisdom.

The Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation has come up with a survey with the help of the BID and local civics to find out what kind of mix people want to see on the avenue.

Click here to take the survey, which you could complete in less than 60 seconds.

PARC and the BID hope the information gleaned from this thing will help attract business owners and help landlords bring in tenants that will be profitable. Perhaps just as important, the survey will gauge the time that people shop on the avenue, which will hopefully encourage some business owners to stay open later.

Everybody around the city knows to come here for the food, so the next step is to solidify Passyunk as a shopping destination. That way, maybe all those diners will come a little early and spend some dough.

“It’s about finding a balance for the avenue,” said PARC director Sam Sherman. “The hope is to generate as much buzz about retail sector as the restaurants have been getting.”

Sounds good too us.

11 Responses to What do you want to see on Passyunk Ave?

1. Korey April 2, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

My 2 cents…

I took the survey. Here’s what I had to offer:

More ethnic restaurants! Greek, Indian, Thai, etc.
    An affordable clothing store. A 2nd hand or consignment shop, perhaps.

• Jeff April 2, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

I agree. Greek Indian Thai Ethiopian, maybe even authentic Chinese for once. Hot pot? Honestly anything ethnic to diversify the restaurant scene. As for the retail sector.. clothing stores and home goods stores. Maybe a larger higher profile clothing store for the renovated King of Jeans space since it’s the only place with the available square footage… which will hopefully attract smaller clothing stores to the area too.

2. David April 2, 2013 at 6:31 pm #

A Greek taverna, a cafe with later evening hours and a bagel bakery would be awesome. Since this is a survey about retail selections, a used bookstore / greeting card store would be cool similar to Molly’s in the Market. Also…one or two DIY artist collectives would be good. There are so many artists in the area, perhaps PARC could rent out a space they own to several artists. The artists could each pay a fixed amount each month to rent small spaces in one of the storefronts.

3. BJ Guzzi April 3, 2013 at 10:50 am #

About to take the survery, here is my input:

I sure would love to be able to walk to a liquor store on the Avenue, it would definitely be convenient for me to hit the Bottle Shop and grab wine / liquor in one swift walking trip. A liquor store would support Will or Izumi or any BYO on the strip. Another butcher and cheese store would be nice, along with some fish / bread / produce options. A Thai restaurant. More clothing store options.

I’d also love to see more trash cans in the blocks surrounding EPX. The trash on the streets is ridiculous. Being a dog owner, the ability to quickly dispose of my mutt’s business would be beneficial.

4. David April 3, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

As I said in the survey, I would like to see some sort of UPS/FedEx store whee people could send and receive packages, and other related services.

• Korey April 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

^…+1 to that idea!

5. Jeff April 4, 2013 at 4:23 pm #

I was just looking at the preview for the Noord menu and realized something else we could use… a vegetarian restaurant. A lot of the best restaurants on the avenue have little or nothing to offer in that regard.

• Kate April 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

As I sit here demolishing my Crispy Ranch… I would be OVERJOYED if HipCity Veg opened a place on the Avenue. Really anything veg/vegan with sandwich and takeout options would be great.

6. D April 7, 2013 at 11:44 pm #

Reading this comments, there are some great ideas! I also think a better clothing store would be great, however all of the retail stores on the ave need to be open at least until 9:30 like suburbia malls and shopping centers. After a good meal, I would love to be able to visit some other types of stores, but they all close to damn early. The old generation of clothing stores has to change their ways. As someone I know says, either you grow or you go! A vegetarian resturant would be a nice idea, something different for sure.
    How about a nice, multi level lounge type place?

7. Kevin April 9, 2013 at 8:05 pm #

A new school/ old school butcher joint .

8. Kevin April 10, 2013 at 12:03 am #

We already have the best ethnic restaurants right off of the ave , circles for Thai , new tiffin coming soon for Indian , bitars is always good for Greek and the staple south street souvlaki. I dont feel like we need everything right on the ave ? Govindas is great for vegitarian black bird even south philly tap room. ethnic food is everywhere? This is south philly. Mens clothing stores barley work , thrift stores aren’t making it anymore because of the rent . Something more functional . There is a new restarant popping up every two seconds we are good on that.