What's Happening in:  East Passyunk Crossing :  Passyunk Square

Spotted: People of the neighborhood at Passyunk and Tasker

The relatively new tenants at the corner house at Passyunk and Tasker like the people in the neighborhood so much, they wanted to show them off to the rest of the world. So, they decided to do a photo set of more than two dozen Passyunk Avenue residents, workers, gadflies and pets and installed the portraits in their windows.

passyunk people2

The photographs were done by Dave Christopher, who lives there with Kate Mellina. The project is a gift of sorts to the neighborhood, and comes with a sweet message:

Whoever said cities aren’t friendly doesn’t live on East Passyunk Avenue! Since moving here last year, we’ve had great fun meeting the people and pets who pass by our windows. So here’s our giant holiday greeting card to the neighborhood. Hope you enjoy it!

passyunk people5

Click it to zoom in to see everyone

Click it to zoom in to see everyone

passyunk people3

passyunk people4

passyunk people1

Neat. Those are some really nice neighbors! And they’re lit up at night!

, , ,

12 Responses to Spotted: People of the neighborhood at Passyunk and Tasker

1. Kate Mellina December 4, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

Hi — Just spotted your great coverage of our neighborhood holiday window project. Yes, we confess: we love it here! Thanks! Kate Mellina & Dave Christopher

• Ali December 4, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

I love that people took the time to do this. Thanks neighbors, this is what makes our neighborhood special.

• Victor and Bella December 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

Yes, our Kate and Dave Are pretty special!!… Thanks for making Bella a star !! :)… Vic

2. Alden Cole December 4, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

VERY COOL. Kate and Dave are the best. As a fellow Dumpster Diver, artist and northern neighbor to them (717 Federal Street), doing my own version of holiday windows on all 3 floors, I’m particularly impressed with their community spirit. Carry on!

3. Melissa Barrow December 4, 2013 at 5:24 pm #

Thank you so much for featuring this. I love my neighbors, and their holiday gift to us really shows how much we are all like a family here. In the warm weather you will find us all out on the sidewalk. This neighborhood is very friendly and all looks out for one another.

I feel so blessed.

4. paulette heilbrun December 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

Loved the pictures. What a great entrance into the neighborhood. P

5. Lucille Mentzel December 4, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

Dianne passed on your website–quite the display!! We enjoyed looking at it.

6. Jim December 5, 2013 at 12:16 am #

I have lived in East Passyunk for over ten years and can truly call it home. Kate and Dave have brought a sense of “brotherly & sisterly” love to our own slice of Philly. I am so proud and homored to call them neighbor and friends! Thanks for including Barney and I in your awesome display and sharing ur incredible talent!
    Jim & Barney

7. Gina Cavaliere December 5, 2013 at 12:38 am #

This is just amazing!! I have lived on 11th St. for 48 years and I must say we have the greatest neighbors ever, old and new! Welcome Dave & Kate xoxo

8. AnthonyG December 5, 2013 at 9:17 am #

That’s one whole apartment?! Wow. Giagantic…..

• Melissa December 5, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Kate and Dave own the entire building with the first floor being an art studio space and the 2nd/3rd floors being their home.

It’s quite wonderful!!!

9. Cassidi December 5, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

So happy you guys shared this! Kate and Dave are awesome and super creative! I was so honored to be apart of this project. This part of south philly is really special and it’s great to have neighbors who love it and want to show it off! Happy Holidays! – Cassidi #4