- The SS Nuemann Goretti High School will be celebrating the fifth annual Crafty Balboa festival with a giveaway. In addition to the “First 50 in the Door” goodie bags, everyone will have a chance to win one of many prizes from Craft Balboa and shops along East Passyunk Avenue. For a list of participating vendors, go here.
- There was also that Santa Stumble on South Street we told you about yesterday.
- The South of South Neighbors Association is hosting a history happy hour at The Bainbridge Club from 6 to 8 p.m. The talk will be about the neighborhood’s musical heritage and will feature live jazz music and drink specials, 1529 Bainbridge St.
Saturday and Sunday
- The Punk Rock Flea Market is once again here for anyone who still has holiday shopping to do. The flea market be on Saturday and Sunday at the Punk Rock Flea Market Dome. It offers goods ranging from secondhand antiques and vintage clothing to handmade art and custom jewelry. Admissions is a $3 donation per person.
Friday and Saturday
- Takeout beer shop Brew is offering free tastings of Lagunitas Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. and Deschutes Satruday from 5 to 7 p.m. Also, all December the taproom is offering $10.25 6-packs of Lagunitas 12 oz bottles, including New Dogtown Pale Ale, IPA, and Pils.
- If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, head out to Phoenixville for the Burning of the Phoenix, a big, chilly outdoor event that turns the sleepy town into a huge party. Festivities start at 3 p.m. with – you guessed it – another craft fair, and the wooden bird gets lit at 8:15 p.m. More info here.