What's Happening in:  Bella Vista :  Pennsport

Spotted: What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

These markings have been popping up all over Bella Vista and Pennsport lately.

Are they a marketing ploy for a heart doctor or an art project by a paranoid conspiracy theorist obsessed by the NSA snooping on our cell phones?

Seriously, we don’t know. Anyone have ideas?

UPDATE: Mystery solved. It’s a guy from New York who goes by EKG Labs, and this website praises his work ethic.

So, vandalism or art?

11 Responses to Spotted: What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

1. AnthonyG March 4, 2014 at 10:08 am #

Most likely just another a-hole tagger who thinks graffiti is “art”.

2. Pennsporter March 4, 2014 at 10:23 am #

This instagram post has your answer — please excuse the spelling mistake as my phone is completely beat up.

3. mjg March 4, 2014 at 11:22 am #

I’ve noticed these all over Pennsport and for the most part, they are tasteful. Spruced up the ugly Frieda warehouse on Front and Wharton.

• AnthonyG March 4, 2014 at 12:30 pm #

Tasteful?? If I catch the sh!tbag “tastefully tagging” on my block, he’ll end up being hooked to real EKG machine.

No different than any other scumbag vandal.

4. Mike I March 4, 2014 at 11:36 am #

Wow! what a talented loser, so much creativity went into those.

5. Xtian March 4, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

I love it. Whether he means to or not, those are K complexes and sleep spindles indicative of stage 2 non-REM sleep on an EEG(brain waves). So our buildings and our community is asleep to the injustices of the global corporate machine and bought govt officials.

• Mike March 4, 2014 at 3:11 pm #

Nah, looks like shitty junkie graffiti.

6. Mike March 4, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

And I drew those on my desk when I was bored in 4th grade.

7. KellyK March 6, 2014 at 11:14 am #

This so called “artist” has no class. He tagged my home. There is nothing tasteful about writing graffiti on someone’s house.

8. Jen March 7, 2014 at 11:20 am #

Matter of opinion. I enjoy street art mostly, if done in an appropriate setting (not a pristine neighborhood that has managed to keep graffiti and the like out, but somewhere that it is improving the aesthetic). Tagging people’s houses, though, which I’ve read in multiple places, is totally unacceptable and wrong.

9. AnthonyG March 7, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

Seriously, this post should be taken down. All it is doing is providing positive feedback to some dimwitted graff-a-hole vandal. Just because it’s not some dumb name doesn’t change what it is: the destruction of someone’s property.

Leaving it up is hardly a way to promote the good things in the neighborhood.