Funny video shows how not to save your parking spot this winter

While Juno left much less snow on Philadelphia than expected, the ongoing struggle over saving parking spaces is bound to continue.

Sammy’s Space Savers, while an accurate portrayal of the parking battles in South Philly, comically shows what not to do after clearing out the snow.

“If you park in my spot, I will shove dog shit up underneath your car door handles.” Does that sound like any of your neighbors?

This winter, the Philadelphia Police Department has been continuously reminding the public of #nosavesies (I’m sure you’ve seen the Game of Cones by now). So if you see someone attempting to save a spot, whether it is with cones or their children standing in the parking spot, call 911 and the police will handle the situation.

Parking spots aren’t the only thing to worry about in the snow. If you see unshoveled sidewalks, don’t forget to share your photos with Unshoveled.

Cones, milk crates, chairs, toilets—what other genius parking spot savers have you seen?

, , , ,

6 Responses to Funny video shows how not to save your parking spot this winter

1. I report people saving spaces all the time January 27, 2015 at 10:29 am #

…And it doesn’t do any good because the cops usually take over an hour to show up to do anything about and by that time the asshole has taken “their” space.

2. Scumbags January 27, 2015 at 11:25 am #

The overwhelming amount of people that do this are fata$$es looking for an excuse to reserve parking right in front of their house.

3. ProvWitOut January 27, 2015 at 1:34 pm #

I shoveled it, it’s MY space.

• LOL January 27, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

1). Umm, no. It’s city property.
      2). So on days like today, with less than an inch of snow – how come people like you are still reserving spots – even when nothing had to be shoveled?

Laziness, pure and simple.

• Reputations Hair Salon February 10, 2015 at 4:24 pm #

If I shovel my spot out front of my place of business after also shoveling my pavement, that sometimes amounts to a time consuming task that takes sweat and labor. My sweat. My labor… “Laziness” has absolutely nothing to do with it buster!!! I’m trying to run a business too! My clients need parking too!!! Also, the Mayor himself also gives permission to save spots when the storms are bad enough!

4. Constance January 28, 2015 at 9:25 am #

I don’t have a car but I’m glad the neighbors on my tiny street don’t feel the need to save their space. You want reserved parking? Rent a space in a parking garage or move to the burbs.