One of South Philly’s largest food and drink festivals is the Flavors of the Avenue event, happening on Sunday, April 26.
The twenty-five participating restaurants and some menu highlights have been announced for the event, including establishments participating for the first time like Bing Bing Dim Sum, Vanilya Bakery and P’unk Burger.
The event costs $45 for access to the food tent, with food tastings and unlimited wine from Barefoot and Canyon Road, beer from Troegs and Victory, Angry Orchard cider, Sailor Jerry cocktails and more. If you don’t want to buy a ticket, there is also a street festival that will be free to the public with vendors, live music, a craft show and more.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights from this year’s menu:
- Roast Lamb Shoulder from Palladino’s
- Chilled Crab and Pea Soup from Laurel
- Breakfast Dumpling with bacon, egg and cheese from Bing Bing Dim Sum
- P’unk Burger sliders with onion rings and Gouda cheese from P’unk Burger
- Falafel with Tzaziki sauce and Pork Sandwiches from POPE
- Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting from Vanilya Bakery
These are the twenty-five participating restaurants:
Bing Bing Dim Sum, Birra, Brigantessa, Cantina Los Caballitos. El Sarape, Fond, Garage, Ippolito’s, Izumi, Laurel, Le Virtu, Lucky 13, Mamma Maria Ristorante, Noir, Noord, Palladino’s, Paradiso, Plenty, POPE, P’unk Burger, Stogie Joe’s, Townsend, Tre Scalini, Vanilya Bakery, Will BYOB
While the event is on Sunday, select establishments will be having drink specials the entire weekend to lead up to the big event.
Flavors of the Avenue will be from 12 p.m. through 4 p.m., rain or shine, on Sunday, April 26.
For more information on the event, or to purchase tickets, click here.