The summer months bring even more people to East Passyunk Avenue, making the additional presence of police a necessity to keep the neighborhood a vibrant and safe place.
At an upcoming collaboration dinner, you’ll have the chance to raise money for the added police presence, in addition to trying dishes from East Passyunk Avenue’s finest chefs.
The dinner on Monday, March 21 at Paradiso will include a seven-course meal from the chefs behind restaurants like Townsend, Laurel and Stargazy. Since this event is meant to subsidize the cost of added police presence for the area, officers from the Philadelphia Police Department will be the guests of honor.
Here’s the menu lineup:
- Foie Gras Soup with Pecans and Asian Pear (Lee Styer, Fond)
- Roasted Sunchokes, Fennel Marmalade, Beech Mushrooms, Puffed Beef Tendon (Christopher Kearse, Will BYOB)
- Escargot and Brussels Sprout ‘Mange Tout’ with Bacon-Sherry Crème Fraiche (Tod Wentz, Townsend)
- Parsnip Tortelloni, Chestnut, Brown Butter, Castelmangno Cheese (Luke Palladino, Palladino’s)
- Scallop, Celery Root, Citrus, Truffle (Nick Elmi, Laurel)
- Orata Filet, Tomatoes, Olives, Capers, White Wine (Joe Cicala, Le Virtu and Brigantessa)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding, Lancaster Nutmeg Cream (Sam Jacobson, Stargazy)
- Host/Maitre D/Bartender: Lynn Rinaldi, Paradiso Restaurant and Joncarl Lachman, Noord Eetcafe
Tickets for the event are $200 per person. The event will begin with a cocktail hour at 6 p.m. on Monday, March 21 with complimentary cocktails and a variety of hors d’oeuvres. The dinner itself is BYOB, in case you’d like to bring along a bottle of wine. If you’re interested in attending, you can purchase tickets here.