Ground is expected to be broken in the fall for a community space on Front Street between Christian Street and Washington Avenue called the Front Street Gateway. This green community space is meant to serve as a connection between two of Queen Village’s historic landmarks, the Sparks Shot Tower and the Old Swedes Church.
In the meantime, Friends of Front Street Gateway is seeking a logo for this soon-to-be-renovated park space in Queen Village.
The design submissions should take into account the history and purpose of the Front Street Gateway.
Here are some things the Friends of Front Street Gateway want you to consider:
- The Front Street Gateway serves as an entry point into Queen Village
- Prior to the construction of I-95, the parcels contained a number of historic homes which were demolished to create the freeway
- The Front Street Gateway serves as a connection point between two major historic landmarks, and is adjacent to I-95
- The Front Street Gateway will be a beautifully landscaped park that will attract neighbors and visitors to the space
- The Front Street Gateway will be a year round destination with plantings that will look stunning even in winter months
If you have the design chops, you could win $300 for your logo. The winning design will also be featured in Queen Village Neighbors Association’s bi-monthly publication.
Funding for this Front Street Gateway renovation project is from various grants and private donations. With the funding now secured for the project, excavation and construction should begin in the fall of this year.
You can find out more about submitting a logo design on QVNA’s website. The deadline for submissions is May 15.