What's Happening in:  West Passyunk

New pharmacy opening across from Walgreens at Broad and Snyder

The former location of Bus n’ Bagels, the spot at the southwest corner of Broad and Snyder that once served as a casino bus stop, now has a new tenant lined up.

Rite Choice Pharmacy is expected to open in this location at 2100 S. Broad St.

This seems like a somewhat odd spot for a small pharmacy, seeing that Walgreens is directly across the street with a 24-hour pharmacy and convenience store. Rite Choice has one other location in Philadelphia, located at 6328 Woodland Ave. That locations also appears to function as a convenience store, so we expect something similar at this South Philly location.

We’re not sure when this pharmacy will be opening, but work is currently being done on the location.

, , ,

7 Responses to New pharmacy opening across from Walgreens at Broad and Snyder

1. Robert Schloss April 14, 2016 at 1:45 pm #

looks like a place where junkies can score some oxys

2. Evan April 14, 2016 at 3:10 pm #

That’s great but why a pharmacy? There are already 4 pharmacies within a few blocks.

• tsarstruck April 14, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

Well, if the Walgreens-Rite Aid corporate merger goes through, I suspect there will be one less.

• Jack April 14, 2016 at 7:12 pm #

Not all pharmacies take all insurance types. I live in the area but I have to travel to a CVS (19th and Washington) to get my scripts filled. Can’t get it done at Walgreens or Rite Aid. So while I agree that it’s “a lot” it does make sense assuming this new shop has different insurance agreements.

• ProvWitout April 15, 2016 at 12:13 pm #

Try 18th and Oregon???

• Julie April 21, 2016 at 2:04 pm #

CityCare Pharmacy at 16th & Passyunk accepts all major insurances. Call 215-971-1288.

3. Irene April 14, 2016 at 6:19 pm #

Will I still be able to get bus tickets for AC and wildwood there? And can I still get the bus on that corner to the shore?? That’s all I care about. There are already 4 other pharmacies around here. One just opened at 16th and McKean, one at 16th and passyunk… Now one across from Walgreens and rite aid. Sweet.