The Democratic National Convention is coming to Philly at the end of the month, bringing tons of political action to the city. Along with increased activity, some improvements are also coming to the area, like the median mural being installed on South Broad Street.
Another one of the improvements is the installation of colorful donkeys throughout the city to represent the fifty states, along with Washington, D.C. and the six other U.S. territories. Those donkeys have been popping up around the city, including five at locations in South Philly.
Where are these donkeys located?
- Jim’s Steaks at 400 South St., the North Carolina donkey
- The Clef Club of Jazz at 738 S. Broad St., the Louisianna donkey
- The Singing Fountain at Tasker and Passyunk, the Puerto Rico donkey
- Citizen’s Bank Park, the American Samoa donkey
- The Navy Yard at 4747 S. Broad St., the Utah donkey
A total of 30 artists participated to create these 57 donkeys.
From July 21 through 28 you’ll have the chance to participate in a scavenger hunt involving these donkeys to win prizes. The scavenger hunt is being facilitated through an app called Scavify. You can win prizes including things like free museum tickets, t-shirts, cheesesteaks, sports tickets and more.
Interested in checking out the non-South Philly donkeys? You can find a map of all 57 locations here.