What's Happening in:  Passyunk Square

Jade Garden replaced with ‘Fresh Seafood’ spot

The Chinese food spot situated across from the Singing Fountain, next to Black and Brew, is no more.

Instead of grabbing some your Chinese food takeout at Jade Garden, you’ll soon be able to enjoy fresh seafood from this spot at 1525 S. 11th St.

At this time we don’t know much about the new restaurant. Jade Garden closed without warning a couple weeks ago and this new signage popped up last week.

We’ll update you once we know more.

, , , , ,

16 Responses to Jade Garden replaced with ‘Fresh Seafood’ spot

1. Lou_100x August 22, 2016 at 9:56 am #

It’s the same crap-hole. Just a new name/sign.

The phone number is even the same.

• angdis August 22, 2016 at 3:54 pm #

What do you mean “the same”? Are there new owners/employees? Kind of duplicitous to link to a health inspection report for the previous establishment at an address.

• Lou_100x August 22, 2016 at 4:05 pm #

It’s the same business, the same owner, the same operators. A new name, a new sign. So yes, the inspection report is valid.

• cheryl August 29, 2016 at 10:56 am #

seriously, I hope they clean it up.

2. Doc August 22, 2016 at 11:06 am #

Aw. It was nice to have a cheap place on the avenue with decent food.

Is it just me or does that new sign look like a movie prop?

• Lou_100x August 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm #

Cheap, yes. Decent, no. Unless you like “mouse feces throughout”….

• Doc August 22, 2016 at 1:23 pm #

I read through every health inspection back in 2004 and didn’t eat out for months. That inspection is timid compared to what’s out there.

• Lou_100x August 22, 2016 at 1:55 pm #

Sure, there are worse, that’s not really relevant. You like mouse feces?

• Doc August 22, 2016 at 2:54 pm #

Not on my food. Why would I? Or are you just trying to be combative.

• Parking Police August 22, 2016 at 3:16 pm #

Lou? Combative? Nooooo

• cheryl August 29, 2016 at 10:57 am #

3. JMM August 22, 2016 at 1:11 pm #

I was so disappointed when I saw that. Jade Garden was a great take-out place. Always my go-to on cold sleety nights or when I wasn’t feeling quite so well. I will certainly miss it as the place on Passyunk isn’t nearly as good.

4. wcb August 22, 2016 at 9:58 pm #

Im sad to see Jade go, it wasn’t the best but it was nice to have a quick take out option that was cheap with friendly people.
    This new sign doesn’t look like a restaurant, it almost looks like a store and worse off it looks like a cheap bodega type of sign which doesn’t make me feel confident about whats to come.

5. Anthony August 23, 2016 at 7:44 am #

So sad to see Jade Garden go. They had a truly great price on some grade A rat turds.

• cheryl August 29, 2016 at 10:58 am #

LOL Anthony

6. Kathy August 27, 2016 at 1:03 am #

Ugh. reading above comments makes me shudder…. because out of all the places we even dared to try… we thought they were pretty decent. (Better then most I guess). Friendly … etc. Was surprised and shocked when I tried calling to order to find out they were gone. We have NO idea no where to go for that sort of food. Fresh Seafood? Same owner??? Sorry I don’t do seafood, you just lost me as a customer.