Parks are vital spaces in neighborhoods, providing the community with an outdoor area to gather, for children to play, for dogs to be walked and so much more.
To continue to keep these parks as beautiful and functional spaces, the community needs to get involved. On Saturday, November 12, Parks and Recreation is hosting their fall Love Your Park Day for the community to participate in cleanups and other activities.
A total of 25 parks are participating in South Philadelphia.
- Cianfrani Park, 8th and Fitzwater
- Palumbo Park, 723 Catharine St.
- Hawthorne Park, 1200 Catharine St.
- Mario Lanza Park, 220 Catharine St.
- Ridgeway Park, 1301 Carpenter St.
- Bardascino Park, 10th and Carpenter
- Beck Park, 2nd and Beck
- Moyamensing Point, 901 Moyamensing Ave.
- Shot Tower Playground, Carpenter and Front
- Washington Avenue Green, Columbus Blvd. and Washington Ave.
- Columbus Square, 1200 Wharton St.
- Capitolo Playground, 900 Federal St.
- Paolone Park, Sears and Medina
- Gold Star Park, 613 Wharton St.
- Manton Street Park and Community Garden, 405 Manton St.
- Jefferson Square, 3rd and Federal
- Howard Street Park, Reed and Howard
- Dickinson Square, 1600 Moyamensing Ave.
- Weinberg Park, 6th and Jackson
- Mifflin Square, 501 Wolf St.
- Marconi Plaza, Broad and Oregon
- Stephen Girard Park, 2500 S. 21st St.
- Wharton Square, 2300 Wharton St.
- Chew Playground, 1833 Ellsworth St.
- Julian Abele Park, 22nd and Carpenter
You can check out a map to see the closest park to you and signup to volunteer on the Love Your Park Day website.