What's Happening in:  East Passyunk Crossing

Sneak Peak at Barcelona Wine Bar

How’s the progress at Barcelona Wine Bar going? Like this:

sneak-peak-at-barcelona-wine-bar-on-east-passyunk-avenue-1
Reader Gregg Kravitz, who just happened to be walking by while the doors were open, sent us these photos.

We could go for a nice glass or two of Recaredo Gran Reserva Brut Nature.

sneak-peak-at-barcelona-wine-bar-on-east-passyunk-avenue-2

sneak-peak-at-barcelona-wine-bar-on-east-passyunk-avenue-3

ADVERTISEMENT:

7 Responses to Sneak Peak at Barcelona Wine Bar

1. What the June 6, 2017 at 2:28 pm #

Months and months of work and this is all there is to show? Reminds me of another jewel sitting at broad and passyunk.

• Passyunk Easter June 6, 2017 at 4:55 pm #

I don’t think you realize how much work actually had to go into this place…

• Joey DeVeetz June 7, 2017 at 8:29 am #

Agreed…ton of work on this space that no one will ever see…..I don’t think there is a basement but even if so, think of all the plumbing and mechanical infrastructure that needed to get fitted here to accommodate the kitchen, bathrooms, fire, etc., I’m really excited to see this space when completed. Completion of this space along with the improvements to the intersection are really going to make a statement for this section of the avenue! Hopefully the old furniture can attract an exciting tenant….any word on the space across from Birra? Still vacant…I’m sure its pricey…

• JB June 12, 2017 at 1:38 pm #

I walked by often in the early stages and there was a lot of infrastructure work being done. Digging up the concrete floor, pipes, etc.

2. Skeptical June 6, 2017 at 9:47 pm #

I can’t imagine this place will be succesful, considering its size and everything else already going around here foodwise, but I suppose we’ll see. Seems like a better fit for the suburbs though.

• LOL June 9, 2017 at 4:12 pm #

Agreed. I really don’t know who let a chain restaurant on the Avenue in the first place. I really worry about a lot of the places nearby when this spot starts undercutting everyone else.

3. DJ Joey FM June 21, 2017 at 11:57 am #

I guess they haven’t added the coating of green algae and mold in yet, so it’s lacking that distinct Barcelona Wine Bar aesthetic.