Compiled by Josephine Cardillo
If you have an event you’d like us to include on our weekly events round-up, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All day – Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Beneficial Bank, 1901 East Passyunk Avenue. Take a stand against childhood cancer in your community. Join thousands of supporters around the country by buying a glass of lemonade!
- 10 am – 11 am. Yoga at the Overlook, FDR Park, 1500 Pattison Avenue & South Broad Street. Free yoga at the Olmstead Overlook lead by a Roots2Rise instructor. Bring your own mat. Future dates include June 23, July 7, July 21, August 4, August 18, September 1, September 15.
- 1 pm – 5 pm. “Memory Etchings,“ Art exhibit. Examines how time and our personal psychologies affect our past, present, and future experiences of existence. Da Vinci Art Alliance (DVAA), 704 Catherine Street.
- 3 pm – 8 pm. Rock the Block Street Festival at Stogie Joe’s Tavern, East Passyunk Avenue & Moore Street. Italian food, music by The Business, beer, cocktails, raffles and more. All proceeds benefit The Cancer Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, on behalf of the Coach Wags Memorial Foundation. Tickets and more information are available here.
- 10 am to 8 pm, Odunde Festival, 23rd and South. Enjoy one of the largest and most longstanding African-American street festivals in the nation. The enormous festival, which began in 1975, takes over a dozen-block radius in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood, gathering hundreds of vendors from around the world.
- European Rosé Wine Dinner at Fond, 1537 South 11th Street, $75. Fond’s Chef-owner Lee Styer welcomes the summer season with a special five-course dinner and rosé wine pairing. For reservations, call 215.551.5000 or go here.
- 7 pm. “Halloween Night” at KidFest. Mario Lanza Park hosts KidsFest on four consecutive Tuesdays in June at the park, 235 Queen Street. (200 block between Catharine and Queen streets). Free!
- 7 pm – 9 pm. Music in the Park at Bardascino Park begins this year with the Belleville Quartet, an acoustic jazz ensemble featuring French gypsy jazz, and folk songs of Serbia, Romania, Macedonia, and beyond. Free. Bring your own chair.
- 6 pm – 7:30 pm. Anti Violence Crime Walk hosted by the 3rd Police District Advisory Council and South Street Police Mini Station. Meet at the Hawthorne Cultural Center, 12th & Carpenter streets.
- 6:30 pm, Summer Concert with the Blues Pharaohs at the East Passyunk Community Center, 11th and Mifflin Streets. Free outdoor concert by South Philly’s own Blues Pharaohs. Come and enjoy an evening of traditional blues and American music. Bring your own chair. No glass or alcohol permitted.
All summer long
- Tuesdays, 5:30 pm. Woofstock Concert Series at Seger Park, 10th and Lombard streets. Weekly concert series welcomes dog owners and community members alike. Enjoy live music and dinner and drinks from local food trucks. Through August 28. Hosted by the members of Seger Dog Park.
- Wednesdays, 3 pm to 7 pm. Fountain Farmer’s Market at the “Singing Fountain,” East Passyunk Avenue at Tasker. Hosted by Farm to City, this market offers a variety of locally-grown, fresh produce every week.