Compiled by Josephine Cardillo
Have an event you’d like us to include in a future Events Round-Up? Send us an email at email@example.com with all the details.
Friday, July 13
- 7 p.m. Adventure in the 80’s Friday: Advenutres in Babysitting at South Street Cinema, 327 South Street. Pop-up cinema “brings classic films, cult favorite and campy cinema to Philadelphia’s boulevard of entertainment.”
Saturday, July 14
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Streets Department Tire Roundup Program. Registered participants may drop off illegally discarded tires at the temporary dropoff locations of 4th & Washington and 25th & Washington. To register or for more info, click here.
- 2 p.m. Super Saturday Matinee: Matilda at South Street Cinema, 327 South Street. Chosen by the theater’s fans: “Matilda is a gifted little girl and her wonderful teacher vs. the worst parents ever and the worst school principal imaginable. A delight for kids and adults. And yes, there will be chocolate cake!”
- 8 p.m. PUFF Presents: Cruel Summer Camp Double Feature at South Street Cinema, 327 South Street. “Summer Camp isn’t always crafts and sing-a-longs, sometimes it can be just terrible. Join us as we take two very different looks at the drama and horror of camp with the coming ‘out’ of age fave But I’m A Cheeleader at 8pm and the 80’s slasher classic Sleepway Camp at 10pm.”
Sunday, July 15
- 10 a.m. World Cup Final screening party at Bardascino Park, 10th and Carpenter streets. Visit the park’s Facebook page for more info.
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Brauhaus Schmitz World Cup Final Block Party. 700 block of South Street. Huge viewing party, complete with 20-foot elevated screen. Party is free to attend and space is first come, first served. $60 VIP tickets include bottomless beer – for details: https://www.brauhausschmitz.com/events1.
Plan Ahead: Monday, July 16
- 11 a.m. Baby Storytime. Sing, clap and bounce along to interactive rhymes, stories and songs. For children birth to 18 months and their caregivers. Held outside on nice days – bring a blanket! Thomas F. Donatucci, Sr. Library, 1935 Shunk Street.
- 12:30 p.m. Mindfulness Meditation | Chair Yoga. Ground your mind and body with Mindfulness Meditation and Chair Yoga. Spend a peaceful half-hour with a guided meditation. Chair yoga is a twist on traditional yoga, making it accessible for any age. This program is for adults. Fumo Family Library, 2437 South Broad St.
- 2 p.m. Movie Mondays. Watch a different movie each week (G or PG), popcorn included! Queen Memorial Library, 1201 South 23rd St.
- 2:30 p.m. Movies Mondays. Beat the heat and watch a G or PG movie on the big screen! South Philadelphia Library, 1700 South Broad St.
- 3 p.m. #slayinspirecreate. Come slay the art game! Inspire and be inspired by finding the artist within you by creating with us in #SlayInspireCreate. Charles Santore Library, 932 South 7th Street.
- 6 p.m. Health Mondays | Eating Healthy on a Budget? You will learn helpful tips for buying healthy food items year round while sticking to your budget. Fumo Family Library, 2437 South Broad St.
- 6 p.m. E-Gadget Help. Bring your phone, tablet or laptop for troubleshooting. Learn to download free eBooks, movies& magazines. South Philadelphia Library, 1700 South Broad St.