3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This fascinating walking tour explores the incredibly popular neighborhood in South Philly that’s booming withcutting-edge shops and ambitious restaurants that would rather set trends than follow them. The Highlights of East Passyunk tour is the best place to get the most up-to-date scoop on all of the openings and closings in this foodie mecca that Food and Wine Magazine named one of the 10 best foodie streets in America.
This two-hour afternoon tour demystifies the places that have put East Passyunk on the map and have catapulted this quaint street from its humble beginnings into the epicenter of the city’s culinary scene.
We’ll start at one end of the Avenue and make our way past many of the local highlights, share stories of the restaurateurs, their restaurants and bars, and visit:
- iconic landmarks
- stunning murals
- eclectic retail scene with stops in Urban Jungle, and more
We’ll be stoping into the following great places:
- Volta Market for a fun intro to how they make their housemade organic soaps and balms
- Birra for their famous brick oven pizza
- Vanilya Bakery for a handmade pastry
- The Bottle Shop to enjoy a Belgian Tripel
- P’unk Burger to try one of their popular shakes
- Pollyodd for a limoncello tasting
This tour is not meant to be a meal, but an exciting eye-opening opportunity to get familiar with many of the city’s movers and shakers in the culinary and retail scene. The timing of the tour is perfect for anyone who wants to stick around and try the restaurants we talk about, like Bing Bing Dumplings, Fond, Noord, since most open right when the tour concludes.
This tour is designed to give you everything you need to know to make East Passyunk your go-to neighborhood every chance you get!