Compiled by Josephine Cardillo
Have an event you’d like us to include in a future Events Round-Up? Send us an email at email@example.com with all the details.
Friday, July 13
- 7 p.m. Adventure in the 80’s Friday: Advenutres in Babysitting at South Street Cinema, 327 South Street. Pop-up cinema “brings classic films, cult favorite and campy cinema to Philadelphia’s boulevard of entertainment.”
Saturday, July 14
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Streets Department Tire Roundup Program. Registered participants may drop off illegally discarded tires at the temporary dropoff locations of 4th & Washington and 25th & Washington. To register or for more info, click here.
- 2 p.m. Super Saturday Matinee: Matilda at South Street Cinema, 327 South Street. Chosen by the theater’s fans: “Matilda is a gifted little girl and her wonderful teacher vs. the worst parents ever and the worst school principal imaginable. A delight for kids and adults. And yes, there will be chocolate cake!”
- 8 p.m. PUFF Presents: Cruel Summer Camp Double Feature at South Street Cinema, 327 South Street. “Summer Camp isn’t always crafts and sing-a-longs, sometimes it can be just terrible. Join us as we take two very different looks at the drama and horror of camp with the coming ‘out’ of age fave But I’m A Cheeleader at 8pm and the 80’s slasher classic Sleepway Camp at 10pm.”
Sunday, July 15
- 10 a.m. World Cup Final screening party at Bardascino Park, 10th and Carpenter streets. Visit the park’s Facebook page for more info.
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Brauhaus Schmitz World Cup Final Block Party. 700 block of South Street. Huge viewing party, complete with 20-foot elevated screen. Party is free to attend and space is first come, first served. $60 VIP tickets include bottomless beer – for details: https://www.brauhausschmitz.com/events1.