Washington Avenue is about to become a lot more high tech. (OK. We know that an abacus is pretty advanced when it comes to the industrial wasteland that is West Washington, but seriously, this is pretty cool.)
The new home of NextFab Studio, a membership-based, high-tech workshop and prototyping center, is nearly ready at 2025 Washington Avenue in a refurbished warehouse, and everyone is invited to the grand opening party on Jan. 17.
- Private studios with 24/7 access
- Executive conference rooms,
- Classroom with 12 PCs and A/V system
- Drive in loading and unloading dock with a forklift for giant projects, or maybe King of Jeans signs
- Dedicated paint booth and wet lab
- Super high-def 3D printer
- Cafe L’Aube creperie cafe with on-site coffee roasting
(NextFab Partner Evan Malone also knows a thing or two about restaurant service, considering his involvement in Jet Wine Bar and Rex 1516 on South Street.)
|From a couple weeks ago|
Check out the new project for yourself at the grand opening party on Thursday Jan. 17 from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $16.37 and can be purchased here. The event offers an opportunity for anyone to tour to new facility, while attending demos of the new capabilities, and cash in on special membership offers. Here’s to Washington Avenue becoming the new epicenter of modern Bohemia in Philadelphia.
|And an old panoramic shot of the inside from NextFab’s website|
- Anthony Sica, @Anthony_Sica