Compiled by Josephine Cardillo
If you have an event you’d like us to include on our weekly events round-up, please send us an email at email@example.com
- All day – Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Beneficial Bank, 1901 East Passyunk Avenue. Take a stand against childhood cancer in your community. Join thousands of supporters around the country by buying a glass of lemonade!
- 10 am – 11 am. Yoga at the Overlook, FDR Park, 1500 Pattison Avenue & South Broad Street. Free yoga at the Olmstead Overlook lead by a Roots2Rise instructor. Bring your own mat. Future dates include June 23, July 7, July 21, August 4, August 18, September 1, September 15.
- 1 pm – 5 pm. “Memory Etchings,“ Art exhibit. Examines how time and our personal psychologies affect our past, present, and future experiences of existence. Da Vinci Art Alliance (DVAA), 704 Catherine Street.
- 3 pm – 8 pm. Rock the Block Street Festival at Stogie Joe’s Tavern, East Passyunk Avenue & Moore Street. Italian food, music by The Business, beer, cocktails, raffles and more. All proceeds benefit The Cancer Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, on behalf of the Coach Wags Memorial Foundation. Tickets and more information are available here.
- 10 am to 8 pm, Odunde Festival, 23rd and South. Enjoy one of the largest and most longstanding African-American street festivals in the nation. The enormous festival, which began in 1975, takes over a dozen-block radius in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood, gathering hundreds of vendors from around the world.