- Brauhaus Schmitz started its 5th annual Oktoberfest on Monday, but the big event is Saturday from noon to 8 p.m. The restaurant throws a huge block party: “The 700 block of South Street will be closed to traffic allowing us to erect a 200 foot long tent with seating for approximately 700.” Oompah-pah oompah-pah will be playing on a stage near 8th Street. Free, but pay as you go beer and food.
- The East Passyunk BID is hosting an antique and flea market along the 1600 block, between Morris and Tasker, and in the parking lot across from the Cantina. Expect more than 60 vendors selling “antiques, collectibles, vintage furniture, jewelry, clothing and accessories, glassware, pottery and much more.” Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. El Zarape will be selling tacos al pastor from a spit out front of the restaurant. If you haven’t had them, you should.
- The Philadelphia Horticultural Society is holding its fall garden festival at the Navy Yard: “The annual PHS Fall Garden Festival offers music, food, plants, shopping, workshops, gardening tips, and children’s activities at the beautiful Navy Yard. Harvest-time contests celebrate the achievements of home gardeners. Admission is free and open to the public, and ample parking is available.” 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Check here for a lineup of events.
- Saturday night, drink cocktails for a cause at the Philadelphia Magic Gardens, the mosaic masterpiece at 1020 South St. This one is pricey at $80 a ticket, or $130 for a pair, but it’s the annual Magic Beyond the Gardens fundraiser gala, so that’s worth something. “This year, an estimated 300 guests will enjoy an unforgettable Mediterranean themed night of food, art, and entertainment, all while raising money for a great cause.” 6 to 10 p.m. Order tickets here
- A rare Monday addition to the To-Do List: The Passyunk Square Civic Association is raising money for school supplies for the Jackson and Kirkbride schools on Monday night at Fountain Porter, which will discount drinks from 5 to 8 p.m. for everyone who makes a donation. They’ll get a $1.50 off all beers on draft, $1 off of mixed drinks and a 10% discount on food.
- At Julian Abele Park, 22nd and Carpenter, there will be a PAWS Adoption event at noon and a Tapping Abele Bodied Firkin to Support the Park at Sidecar, which is a block north on 22nd at Christian.
Did we miss something? Put it in the comments, or if there’s a future event you want to let us know about, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.