Blow-dry bar planning to open at 1928 E. Passyunk Ave.

A hair-styling boutique to be called Blow Dry Boutique is coming to 1928 E Passyunk Ave., which for five years was Aci Nae boutique until it closed this summer

Blow Dry Boutique

Sam Sherman of the Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation, which owns the building, said owner Natalie Merlino plans to open around the end of the month.

A similar concept near Rittenhouse Square “is apparently very popular. One of my board members liked the idea and thought it would provide a different type of service than what is currently available,” Sherman said.

The shop will take walk-ins and last-minute customers, geared toward women who want to be coiffed after work but before they go out for dinner or drinks. “The one in Rittenhouse gets a client in and out in something like 20 minutes from what I understand,” Sherman said.

Merlino, who used to be a paralegal and did small business loans for another company, said she’ll have five women working for her, charging $25 for a wash and blow dry. No cuts or color.

She said she hopes to open sometime in November and that she’s waiting on licensing and permits to install the washing stations. Hours will be Tuesday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; closed Monday.

8 thoughts on “Blow-dry bar planning to open at 1928 E. Passyunk Ave.

• October 28, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Because the neighborhood needed another business servicing women’s hair…

What about one to service this woman’s thirst for wine, cheese, and chocolate? When do we get one of those businesses?

• October 28, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Blo/Dry takes WAY more than 20 minutes to get you in and out. More like an hour. But for $25 and a lot closer to home, I’d definitely give this place a shot! The place in Rittenhouse charges $35.

• October 28, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Sounds good to me, I would definitely take advantage of this for fancy nights out.

• October 29, 2013 at 5:52 pm

There is definitely already various places within walking distance where you can get a blow-out. No need for another salon! I agree, with c.g.- wine store!

• November 1, 2013 at 11:57 am

I might be biased but BLO/OUT is the absolute best! Opening in Washington Square soon too!

• November 1, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Methinks you may be a competitor, Avi. Haha, rising tide lifts all boats though, right?

• November 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Haha! I’m the founder and CEO of BLO/OUT.

You are absolutely correct about the tide. I love seeing the industry grow in Philly!

Comments are closed.