Wedding invitation shop opening at 1912 E. Passyunk Ave.

The Passyunk wedding boom continues.

A wedding invitation shop is moving into 1912 E. Passyunk Ave., where the Sir William Art and Collectibles Gallery recently closed.

Sealed with a kiss passyunk (2)

The store is called Sealed With A Kiss, and it’s moving from 10th and McKean streets. A landing page with some contact information – and the slogan “Affordably bringing your vision to life” – is at swakbridal.com.

Sealed with a kiss passyunk

Hopefully, the shop fares better than the defunct Pixie Toes, which spent less than a year at 1810 E. Passyunk Ave., where the Hip & Thrifty clothing store is now.

Despite, that shop’s bad luck, the momentum is clearly moving toward bridal bliss for East Passyunk. The past several months have seen the opening of the Carolyn Verdi wedding boutique, the makeup shop Beautiful Brides, and the beginning of construction for the Vanilya bakery, which will specialize in cakes for weddings and other special occasions.

6 thoughts on “Wedding invitation shop opening at 1912 E. Passyunk Ave.

• November 5, 2013 at 11:31 am

Sealed with a Kiss is currently at 10th & McKean. Great little business. They printed the addresses on my wedding invitation envelopes to match the invite. I recommend them to all brides!

• November 5, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Thanks, lawgirl. I updated the post to include that info.

• November 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Pixie Toes couldn’t make it work on Passyunk, also an invitation business. Good luck to these guys!

• November 5, 2013 at 2:52 pm

The internet pretty much renders stores like this pointless, but I bear them no ill will.

• November 6, 2013 at 9:01 am

I don’t know if the internet renders them pointless. I think the web can help or hinder a business. Hopefully their business model includes a mail order componnent. Also I would think a general staionary store would be more practical. I would much prefer to go to a shop and see an example final proudct than order something off the web.

Good luck to them.

• November 8, 2013 at 10:50 am

They’ve been in business for over 15 years, I think that they know what they are doing.

Comments are closed.