Celebrate Community Gardens Day in South Philly this Saturday
For a second year, Community Gardens Day will be celebrated in Philadelphia. This year, a total of 45 gardens, including 14 gardens south of South Street, will be participating.
Since green space isn’t necessarily abundant in the city, this is a day for embracing the pocket parks and garden available to you in your neighborhood.
Events for community garden day include garden work days, garden tours, workshops, live music, arts and crafts, BBQs and more, depending on what garden you go to.
In South Philly, participating gardens are the following:
- 2100 Fitzwater St. Garden at 2124 Fitzwater St
- Bel Arbor Community Garden at 1020-1040 Kimball St.
- Bodine Street Community Garden at 914 S. Bodine St.
- Bouvier Garden at 1346-1350 S. Bouvier St.
- East Passyunk Crossing Community Gardens at 1736 S. 10th St
- Fitzwater 2000 Community Garden at 2042-44 Fitzwater St.
- Growing Home Gardens at 8th and Emily Streets
- Kauffman Street Community Garden at 809 E. Passyunk Ave.
- Manton Street Park and Community Garden at 4th and Manton Streets
- Mercy-Emily Edible Park at 521-531 Mercy St.
- Moore Street Community Garden Corner at 5th and Moore Streets
- Passyunk Gardens at Wharton Street and East Passyunk Avenue
- South Street Community Garden at 839 South St.
- Southwark/Queen Village Community Garden at 311-33 Christian St.
The Community Garden Day events will run from 10 a.m. through 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 20. You can find out more about the event here.
One thought on “Celebrate Community Gardens Day in South Philly this Saturday”
The East Passyunk Crossing garden will be open and grilling out! Stop by, grab a bite and enjoy the greenery!!
Comments are closed.