The former Abbott’s Alderney Dairy location at 1715 McKean St. has gone to the dogs.
The Philly Pack dog training center, which has previously been rated at the best dog trainer in Philly, has opened up their new training center in the 3,000 sq. ft. ground floor space of the historic building.
We told you back in October that the center would be opening on the ground floor of the building. Originally the project’s developers, Anna Maria and Carmen Vona, wanted to have a restaurant move into the ground floor space. But due to neighborhood opposition, it never materialized. Instead of a restaurant, this large space now has a center for the training of dogs.
This new Philly Pack location, which opened at the end of June, offers a number of services to dog owners in the city. If you’re looking to socialize or train your dog, there are a number of options with different classes and services that the center offers.
Here’s a listing of services from Philly Pack’s website:
- Weekly Canine Socials – one for large dogs and one for small dogs & puppies.
- Relationship Building Classes – for owners to learn how to clearly communicate with their dogs.
- Calming Canine Classes – a yoga style class for dogs and owners to learn relaxation techniques.
- Group Obedience Classes – designed to teach the foundation of training, such as “sit, stay, down, here, place.”
- Leash Handling Class – a class for owners needing to hone their leash skills.
- Private Classes – custom fit classes for dogs and owners
- Day Time Activity Camp – A structured daycare program for dogs only.
- Day Training Camp – A program for dogs needing specific attention and one on one training
- Board & Train Program – a limited space program for dogs needing intense training and socialization.
Previously Philly Pack occupied a smaller location at 24th and Fitzwater.
You can find out more about The Philly Pack here.