Instead of just indulging in Black Friday shopping, why not continue to give thanks by giving back to the community the day after Thanksgiving?
Beer Love bottle shop, which opened in August on Fabric Row, is hosting an event on Black Friday to support the Student-Run Emergency Housing Unit of Philadelphia, which houses homeless men and connects them to necessary services.
At the event, some proceeds from draft beer sales will be donated to the homeless shelter, along with 100% of the proceeds from the raffle. The raffle will include items donated from local business and breweries. Items in the raffle include things like gift certificates to Infinite Body Piercing, a custom canvas print from the UPS Store, jewelry from Until Death, Inc., gift baskets from breweries and more. It’s free to attend the event, but raffle tickets are $2 each or 10 for $10.
Beer Love will also be collecting donations of some much-needed items for SREHUP.
The list includes:
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, tissues)
- Snacks (pre-packaged individual-sized chips, crackers, trail mixes, etc.)
- Coffee, powdered creamer, sugar
- Powdered milk
- Instant oatmeal and cereal
- Towels (new or used)
- Personal care products (soap, shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, etc.)
This event is being held on Friday, November 27 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Beer Love is located at 714 S. 4th St. You can follow the event on Facebook here.