19 South Philly dining destinations rank on Philly Mag’s ’50 Best Restaurants’ list
Every year Philly Mag releases their list of the city’s best restaurants. With South Philly’s top notch dining spots, we’ve come to expect a strong turnout on lists like this one. For the end of 2016, these 19 South Philly spots ranked in the top 50.
Laurel has been knocked out of the number one spot that it held on the list for years, but that doesn’t change the East Passyunk Avenue restaurant’s reputation one bit. After all, it is now a four bell restaurant, and number 2 on the list isn’t too bad either.
New to the list this time around are ITV, Kanella South, South Helm, Sate Kampar and Ambra.
A look a the rankings:
2. Laurel, 1617 E. Passyunk Ave.
7. Serpico, 604 South St.
9. Townsend, 1623 E. Passyunk Ave.
13. Bing Bing Dim Sum, 1648 E. Passyunk Ave.
14. ITV, 1615 E. Passyunk Ave.
19. Kanella South, 757 S. Front St.
21. South Helm, 100 Morris St.
23. Will, 1911 E. Passyunk Ave.
24. Bibou, 1009 S. 8th St.
26. Pumpkin, 1713 South St.
33. Hungry Pigeon, 743 S. 4th St.
34. Sate Kampar, 1837 E. Passyunk Ave.
36. Stargazy, 1838 E. Passyunk Ave.
37. Fond, 1537 S. 11th St.
38. Le Virtu, 1927 E. Passyunk Ave.
39. Ambra, 705 S. 4th St.
42. Brigantessa, 1520 E. Passyunk Ave.
44. Good King Tavern, 614 S. 7th St.
47. Ela, 627 S. 3rd St.
You can find the full list of the city’s top 50 restaurants on Philly Mag’s website.