Philadelphia’s most authentic German bierhall, Brauhaus Schmitz, will celebrate their 8th Anniversary with a beer-fueled, Bavarian-style party as only they know how.
“One thing we have proved we know how to do over the years is throw a party,” says owner Doug Hager. “This one is eight years in the making, and we’re pulling out all the stops, starting with the introduction of our Stein Verein, or Mug Club. Members will be treated like family every single time they step inside our beautiful, authentic indoor beer hall on South Street.”
When: Tuesday, June 27, 7-11pm
Includes live music and a traditional German food buffet, along with $4 draft beers, ciders and wines. A portion of proceeds will benefit the South Street Police Mini Station.
The anniversary buffet will feature both a hot and cold station, and will include the following:
· Smoked Salmon, with mini potato pancakes, dill cream cheese and red onions
· Charcuterie and Cheese, with olives, pickles and crackers
· Grilled Summer Vegetables, in a tahini-lemon dressing
· Broccoli Salad, with smoked cheddar cheese, bacon, honey dressing and sunflower seeds
· Roast Beef, in au jus with silver dollar rolls and horseradish sour cream
· Grilled Spicy Pork Skewers
· Chicken Dijonaise, with Dijon cream sauce and roasted red peppers
· Roasted Vegetable Spätzle, in lemon Riesling sauce
· Potato Sauerkraut Gratin