Compiled by Josephine Cardillo
Thursday, May 17
- 3 pm – 5 pm. Love Your Park Week continues. Show a little
love for one of South Philly’s green gems at the FDR Park Spring Service Day. Tools for this cleanup will be provided. Meet at the Boathouse.
- 7 pm – 8:30 pm. Enjoy a little night music as the Jazz in Hawthorne Park Summer Concert Series returns to the park at 1201 Catharine Street. You’re welcome to bring lawn chairs, beach chairs, picnic baskets and friends to these free concerts. Hosted by Jazz Bridge. Rain date: May 24th.
Friday, May 18
Saturday, May 19
- 10 am – 2 pm. Used Book Sale, Whitman Library, 200 Snyder Avenue.
- 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Shot Tower Playground Spring Service Day Lend a hand weeding and cleaning. Work gloves, donuts, t-shirts, and water will be provided.
11:00 am – 6 pm. Everybody’s Italian in Philly this weekend when the nation’s oldest outdoor market celebrates its annual Italian Market Festival. Saturday and Sunday. Read more here.
- Noon – 7 pm. What’s more South Philly than a block party? The 13th Annual South Philadelphia Tap Room Wheat Beer Fest returns to Mifflin & Hicks Streets. 30+ drafts, street snacks, and live music. Rain or shine.
- 3 pm – 7 pm. Quench your thirst at Citizen Bank Park’s All-Star Craft Beer and Wine Festival. Over 350 craft beers and wines to sample.
Sunday, May 20
- 2 pm – 4 pm. Spiff up your Instagram entries at the Guided Photo Tour of FDR Park. Join photographer, instructor, and Philadelphia Park lover, Armond Scavo for a free photography class and tour of FDR Park. Register here.
Tuesdays beginning May 22
- 5:30 pm. Doggies need to get out too, so why not take your best fur friend to Seger
Dog Park’s Woofstock, a summer-long concert series that dog owners and
community members alike are invited to attend. Located just outside South Philly at 1022 Lombard Street. Hosted by the members of Seger Dog Park.