Events Round-Up: Job Fair, Beers, and a Brawl
Compiled by Josephine Cardillo
If you have an event you’d like us to include on our weekly events round-up, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, June 2nd
- 10am – 1pm. South Philly Job Fair . Grays Ferry Civic Association and several other organizations are hosting a job fair featuring more than 50 employers and organizations. Be prepared to be interviewed on the spot and/or have your resume reviewed. Pennovation Center, 3401 Grays Ferry Ave.
- 10 am to 5 pm. Liberty Flea Market, Boys’ Gym at Bok, 1901 South Ninth Street. Tickets here.
- 1:30 to 5 pm. Step right up to Beer Under the Big Top, Marine parade grounds, Navy Yard, 4747 South Broad Street. This circus-themed beer fest features food trucks, lawn games, contortionists, sword swallowers, jugglers and more. Tickets: $50 general admission for unlimited pours, $12 for designated drivers.
Sunday, June 3rd
- 11am. Craft Beer Day on East Passyunk Avenue will feature 13 hours of beer tastings, events and tap take-overs at 13 restaurants and bars. See specials here.
- 11 am to 7 pm. Don’t miss “La Festa” Italian Festival at Filitalia, 1834 East Passyunk Avenue. The avenue will be lined with vendors presenting an assortment of food, crafts, specialty items, wine and beer. Among the festivities: a pasta-eating contest sponsored by Pastificio.
- 2 – 6 pm. The 8th Annual Burger Brawl brings together some of our region’s very best to compete in the categories of best burger, taco takedown, and cut-throat cocktail. XFINITY Live: 1100 Pattison Avenue, rain or shine. Tickets here.
- 3 – 6 pm. Come and get your fresh produce and baked goods at East Passyunk Avenue’s Annual Farmers’ Market. Now through the end of summer, at the Singing Fountain at Tasker Street.
One thought on “Events Round-Up: Job Fair, Beers, and a Brawl”
Where can I get info on the pop-up bar at the EPX Community Center? I saw people enjoying drinks al fresco there last Wednesday and it looked simply lovely.
Comments are closed.