We here at Passyunk Post have recruited some great contributors but we’re always looking for creative go-getter types who like South Philly so much that they want to tell lots of people about it. If you’re one of those kind of people, then you should contribute to the Passyunk Post.
You’re likely aware that we cover South Philly – south of South Street, from river-to-river. Our subjects include:
- South Philly restaurants & food
- South Philly retail and other businesses
- New developments, real estate, and zoning issues in or related to South Philly
- South Philly events, arts and cultural happenings
- History pieces on South Philly people and sites
- Human interest stories about South Philly residents or business owners
- Quality of life issues specific to South Philly
- “News you can use” – helpful info for our readers (street construction/closures, tax increases) issued by a known local authority such as the City of Philadelphia, City Council, PWD, PGW, etc.
- In limited cases we cover items occurring outside South Philly, IF there is a clear South Philly connection
We could use some help covering all this through your short news stories and photo essays. You get some exposure for your work (but no pay at this point, sorry), we get help increasing our coverage, and our readers get more information. Everybody wins!
To get more information about writing for us or submitting photo essays, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a couple paragraphs about yourself and why you think you’re right for us. Feel free to include anything that might get our attention, like previous writing/photography experience.
A few important caveats. You must live or work in South Philly and you should know the subjects we already cover – see above. You should also be a curious, self-motivated person who has plenty of ideas on what to write about. Also, no real-estate pros, sorry.
Send us an email post haste and we’ll be sure to get back to you right away.